Englishwomannoun [ C ]uk /ˈɪŋ.ɡlɪʃˌwʊm.ən/ us /ˈɪŋ.ɡlɪʃˌwʊm.ən/ plural -women uk /-wɪmɪn/ us
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- And the croupier, with a smile, pushed the two fateful cards towards the fair young Englishwoman.
- He married an Englishwoman before.
- Marie-Anne had doubtless pictured Mrs. Bailey as belonging to the rather hard, self-assertive type of young Englishwoman of whom Paris sees a great deal.
- Was not their mother an Englishwoman?
- Yes, sir, she is an Englishwoman and my wife.