environmentalistnoun [ C ]uk /ɪnˌvaɪ.rənˈmen.təl.ɪst/ us /ɪnˌvaɪ.rənˈmen.t̬əl.ɪst/
- The expansion plans will face fierce resistance from environmentalists.
- Some environmentalists argue for a return to a pre-industrial society.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- Although the Cuban “organoponic revolution” was based on necessity rather than choice, environmentalists have celebrated it as a huge step forward in showing what can be achieved with organic methods.
- Environmentalists criticized Borlaug’s work, which they claimed led to reliance on a single crop, inequality, malnutrition, and the loss of natural wildlife.
- This has led to criticism from environmentalists who feel that the term organic no longer represents the ideals of organic farming.