even (sth) out
— phrasal verb with even uk /ˈiː.vən/ us /ˈiː.vən/ verb [ T ]
- Her brother also won a scholarship, which evened things out nicely.
- A last-minute goal by Spain evened out the score to 2-2.
- There are far more flowers in that vase than in this one - we'd better even them out a bit.
- It's not fair if Carl has a lot more jobs to do than you, so let's even things out a bit.
- Instead of having six interviews one day and just one the next day, can't we even them out?
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas