evenadverbuk /ˈiː.vən/ us /ˈiː.vən/
even adverb (SURPRISE)
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
even adverb (EMPHASIS)
- The traffic congestion in the city gets even worse during the summer.
- Atoms are made up of smaller particles - protons, neutrons and electrons - some of which are made up of even smaller ones, called quarks.
- There was quite a lot of traffic today but yesterday was even busier.
- People are rushing to buy property before prices rise even further.
- This range of computers is very fast, but their successors will be even faster.
even adverb (MORE EXACTLY)
evenadjectiveuk /ˈiː.vən/ us /ˈiː.vən/
even adjective (FLAT)
- Spread a nice even layer of butter on each slice of bread.
- We chose a large even stretch of grassy to pitch our caravan on.
- The paving slabs were not even, and Granny had a nasty fall.
- You need a nice even surface to draw on - I'll get you a piece of board.
- I complained to the builders that the floor wasn't even.
even adjective (CONTINUOUS)
- The paint isn't very even, is it? We'd better give it another coat.
- Her breathing became slow and even, so I knew she was asleep.
- The monitor showed that he had a clear even heartbeat.
- Try to keep the beat even - don't speed up toward the end of the piece.
- He runs with long, even strides, never breaking his rhythm.
even adjective (EQUAL)
- Halfway through the tournament Montgomery and Woods were even, but then Woods drew ahead.
- It really wasn't an even contest - the other team was far stronger than us.
- The distribution of wealth across the country from the north to the south is far from even.
- The children complained that the slices of pizza were not even in size.
- There doesn't seem to be a very even balance in their relationship in terms of household duties.
even adjective (NUMBER)
evenverb [T]uk /ˈiː.vən/ us /ˈiː.vən/
- a passing resemblance idiom
- be in good company idiom
- be in the same ballpark idiom
- be nothing/not much/very little in it idiom
- be two of a kind idiom
- even (sth) out
- homologous series
- in line with sth idiom
- match up