eveningnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈiːv.nɪŋ/ us /ˈiːv.nɪŋ/
a chilly evening
Thank you for such an enjoyable evening.
In the evenings, I like to relax.
I'm working late this evening.
What are you doing tomorrow evening?
- He earns some extra cash by working in a bar in the evening.
- Shall we go to the movies this evening?
- A glass of wine in the evening helps me to unwind after work.
- Mum doesn't let us watch television for more than two hours an evening.
- Many pupils have extra classes in the evenings or at weekends.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Evening, Tom! Where are you off to this evening?