excludeverb [ T ]uk /ɪkˈskluːd/ us /ɪkˈskluːd/
Women are still excluded from the club.
- It wasn't my intention to exclude her from the list - I just forgot her.
- Couples who are childless can feel excluded from the rest of society.
- The net weight of something excludes the weight of the material that it is packed in.
- At that time, women were excluded from the club.
- People who have to, or choose to, exclude certain foods from their diet must be particularly careful about eating healthy balanced meals.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words