exposurenounuk /ɪkˈspəʊ.ʒər/ us /-ˈspoʊ.ʒɚ/
exposure noun (EXPERIENCE)
- According to received wisdom, exposure to low level radioactivity is harmless.
- We know that prolonged exposure to vibration can weaken aircraft components.
- She gradually became deaf after lengthy exposure to noise in the workplace.
- Researchers concluded that low level exposure to the chemical was unlikely to cause harm.
- Even at low levels of exposure, lead can impair a child's learning ability and cause behavioural problems.
- almost/nearly die of sth idiom
- be a martyr to sth idiom
- be a victim of your own success idiom
- be devoured by sth idiom
- get the short end of the stick idiom
- get/have your fingers burned idiom
- go through sth
- ups and downs
exposure noun (MADE PUBLIC)
exposure noun (ATTENTION)
exposure noun (ILLNESS)
exposure noun (PHOTOGRAPH)
exposure noun (DIRECTION)