extractverb [T]uk /ɪkˈstrækt/ us /ɪkˈstrækt/
- At the nuclear reprocessing plant they extract plutonium from spent atomic fuel rods.
- A refining process is used to extract usable fuel from crude oil.
- The doctor succeeded in extracting the peanut from Jack's nose.
- Essential oils are extracted from flower, leaves, fruits and all kinds of different plants.
- They extract the oil from the seeds for use in cooking and manufacturing.
extractnounuk /ˈek.strækt/ us /ˈek.strækt/
extract noun (PLANT)