feminine adjective (FEMALE)
Her clothes are always very feminine.
- She looks more feminine with longer hair.
- She's very pretty and feminine and I think men like that.
- I feel more feminine in skirts and dresses.
- The dress combines stylish lines with an attractive floral print for a classically feminine look.
- She'll have to use all her feminine wiles to get him to agree.
feminine adjective (GRAMMAR)
- The French word for 'sun' is masculine - 'le soleil', but the German word is feminine - 'die Sonne'.
- The definite article 'la' is used before feminine words in French and Italian.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
noun [ U ] uk /ˌfem.əˈnɪn.ə.ti/ us /ˌfem.əˈnɪn.ə.t̬i/ usually approving