financiernoun [ C ]uk /fɪˈnæn.si.ər/ us /fɪˈnæn.si.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- He knew the financier very well, and knew that he was, with all his subtle cleverness, a man of spotless honor.
- If big financiers are not at their back, I repeat: where does all the money come from?
- The financier refused to be convinced.
- To attain such an eminence, the astute financier knew as well as any that only one thing was really necessary—namely, money.
- When he gets that done he's going to be busy using it, either to straighten out his own financial affairs or to down or suppress some financier that has busted in on his plans.