fire stationnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfaɪə ˌsteɪ.ʃən/ us /ˈfaɪr ˌsteɪ.ʃən/ US also firehouse, us /ˈfaɪr.haʊs/ uk
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- At the side there is a great yard, the court-yard of a fire station, with a gymnasium, whose masts and swings, vaguely seen from below, look like gibbets.
- One house so provided was next door to the fire station.
- Several exciting escapes were witnessed in the Market Square, and shells fell thickly in the vicinity of the fire station.
- There is a perfect water system, fire-brigade with fire stations where the firemen sleep, police, and a dog-catcher.
- Those who were not needed at that particular place were at the other fire stations, in readiness for any emergency.