firelightnoun [ U ]uk /ˈfaɪə.laɪt/ us /ˈfaɪr.laɪt/
Examples from literature
- He stopped stroking the kitten and looked at her through the dim firelight.
- She lay back in the firelight, her beautiful brow and eyes softly illuminated.
- The dancing firelight sent shadow-blots and light-spots in a dozen directions with fantastic effect.
- The firelight and candlelight did not reach so far as the walls, but left them in soft darkness.
- The man stepped into the circle of the firelight, and held out his hand.