first cousinnoun [ C ]uk /ˌfɜːst ˈkʌz.ən/ us /ˌfɝːst ˈkʌz.ən/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- But in this case the kinship is close, the lad's mother being a first cousin of mine.
- For it was not by any means hard to suppose that Sam Fry, being John's first cousin, might have inherited either from grandfather or grandmother some of those gifts which had made our John so famous for mendacity.
- He must be your first cousin, if your fathers were brothers.
- Out of a hundred or more families of which I obtained some record, at least five marriages were between first cousins.
- The average of first cousin marriage in the United States is probably not greater than one per cent.