fjordnoun [ C ]also fiord uk /fjɔːd/ us /fjɔːrd/
Examples from literature
- And in a few moments they vanished in a cloud of dust, whirling away beside the calm waters of the fjord.
- He had just returned from a summer's yachting through the Norway fjords, brown and bursting with life.
- Near his home there is a steep cliff, about fifty feet high, projecting into the fjord.
- This fjord has its outlet in Barkley Sound on the west side of the island.
- Yes, it was the cruiser, making the inspection in these western fjords.