flagstonenoun [ C ]uk /ˈflæɡ.stəʊn/ us /ˈflæɡ.stoʊn/ also mainly UK flag
Examples from literature
- A low passage gives access to a number of small chambers constructed of flagstones.
- Grass sprouted between the pebbles and a greenish stain lay upon the flagstones.
- He did not notice her, she had come so quietly and cautiously over the flagstones.
- He looked down at the chalk map drawn on the flagstones.
- The flagstones of the floor had been torn up, and a great hollow cavern had been dug below.