flaxnoun [ U ]uk /flæks/ us /flæks/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- It was made from a plant called flax.
- All that he had to wear, therefore, was a white flax mat, which was given to him by the chief, and which, being thrown over his shoulders, came as low as his knees.
- Cotton enough to serve the wants of families, together with the wool from the flock, and some flax, were of prime consideration.
- It is believed that this will cause the flax to wave in the wind.
- The flax which was sown in this country rose three feet high.
- They were extra fine wicks, being made of flax for the company candles.