forecastnoun [C]uk /ˈfɔː.kɑːst/ us /ˈfɔːr.kæst/
- The forecast said it was going to be hot and sunny tomorrow.
- The forecast said that there's a possibility of snow tonight.
- Experts have given a gloomy economic forecast.
- The sales forecast is predicated on the assumption that the economy will grow by four percent this year.
- I think these sales forecasts are unrealistic, considering how slow sales are at present.
forecastverb [T]uk /ˈfɔː.kɑːst/ us /ˈfɔːr.kæst/ (forecast or forecasted, forecast or forecasted)