foreignernoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɒr.ə.nər/ us /ˈfɔːr.ə.nɚ/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- The law said that foreigners could buy land in Hawaii.
- As you know by experience how difficult it is for foreigners to be married in Paris, I need not tell you of the trouble we are having to get all of my certificates from California.
- Besides the clergy, many other foreigners also settled in Poland, as mechanics and traders, especially Germans.
- It was like discovering that nine-tenths of the people of England were foreigners.
- Peter began to have a very low opinion of foreigners.
- The other was also plainly a foreigner.