forthcomingadjectiveuk /ˈfɔːθˌkʌm.ɪŋ/ us /ˈfɔːrθˌkʌm.ɪŋ/
forthcoming adjective (SOON)
- At the forthcoming elections, the government will be seeking a fresh mandate from the people.
- He is expected to win by a large majority in the forthcoming elections.
- She has announced that she will retire from the sport after the forthcoming Olympics.
- Her forthcoming novel is expected to become an instant bestseller.
- A host of celebrities have been invited to the forthcoming opening of the new restaurant.
- (just) around the corner idiom
- at hand idiom
- be on the point of (doing) sth idiom
- be ready to roll idiom
- come up
- in the air idiom
- in the pipeline idiom
- make to do sth idiom
- teeter on the brink/edge of sth idiom
- wait in the wings idiom
forthcoming adjective (WILLING)
forthcoming adjective (SUPPLIED)