foundrynoun [ C ]uk /ˈfaʊn.dri/ us /ˈfaʊn.dri/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- I must get a proper casting made at a foundry.
- Indeed it seems that every colony, except Georgia, had its iron foundry.
- The chief industry is cotton, but there are also shipbuilding yards, engineer shops, and foundries.
- The young man's work in the foundry alternated weekly between day and night duty.
- While the foundries and steel mills are making the metal-work the foundations are being laid.