freethinkernoun [ C ]uk /ˌfriːˈθɪŋ.kər/ us /ˌfriːˈθɪŋ.kɚ/ old-fashioned
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
adjective uk /ˌfriːˈθɪŋ.kɪŋ/ us /ˌfriːˈθɪŋ.kɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- A true freethinker, a practising lawyer with a considerable acquaintance in the world of politics, a discreet man not far from forty years of age, it seemed as though nothing more were required to make a model husband.
- And it is the duty of the freethinker clearly to point out why this confusion has arisen.
- Here she became acquainted with the family of Charles Bray, a prosperous ribbon manufacturer, whose house was a gathering place for the freethinkers of the neighborhood.
- The old commonplace that a freethinker is sure to be immoral is no longer heard.
- There is no evidence of his familiarity with the widely diffused works of the freethinkers, and as far as I am aware he does not quote or refer to them even once.