French Canadiannoun [ C ], adjectiveuk /ˌfrentʃ kəˈneɪ.di.ən/ us /ˌfrentʃ kəˈneɪ.di.ən/
Examples from literature
- Did it come from Normandy, the ancestral home of so many French Canadians and of French Canadian song?
- In Lower Canada there was still discord among the French Canadians.
- She had inherited from her mother a remarkable talent for music, such as many of the French Canadians have strongly developed.
- The French Canadians of the Province of Quebec are urging the people to demand complete independence from England.
- The girl hadn't a relative or friend in the town, all her folks being French Canadians.