functionnounuk /ˈfʌŋk.ʃən/ us /ˈfʌŋk.ʃən/
function noun (PURPOSE)
- Should the function of children's television be to entertain or to enlighten?
- Surely the function of the law is to protect everyone's rights.
- Do the lights on this cassette deck have any useful function or are they just for show?
- Zoos fulfil an important function in the protection of rare species.
- He performs several important functions within the organization.
function noun (CEREMONY)
function noun (WORK)
function noun (COMPUTER)
function noun (RESULT)
function noun (VALUE)