ghostnounuk /ɡəʊst/ us /ɡoʊst/
ghost noun (SPIRIT)
- A headless ghost walks the castle at night - or so the story goes.
- According to tradition, a headless ghost walks through the corridors of the house at night.
- The Society for Psychical Research is investigating reports of a ghost at the old vicarage.
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
- There's no such thing as ghosts.
ghost noun (MEMORY)
- at/in the back of your mind idiom
- corporate memory
- flash back
- from memory idiom
- go down
- long memory
- off the top of your head idiom
- photographic memory
- to the best of my recollection idiom
- within living memory idiom
- within your memory idiom