— phrasal verb with give uk /ɡɪv/ us /ɡɪv/ verb gave, given
- After a heated debate, the employers gave in to the union's demands.
- I don't think he will give in to your requests if you keep pestering him.
- He gave in to my suggestion after I had shown him the plans.
- Keep asking and eventually she'll give in.
- The government finally gave in to the company's plea for help.
- He held the other wrestler in a headlock until he gave in.
- The enemy troops weren't prepared to give in without a fight.
- After struggling with the crossword for an hour, she finally gave in and looked at the answers.
- She refused to give in, and finally got the opportunity she was looking for.
- If your application is rejected this year, don't give in. You can apply again next year.
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas