goalkeepernoun [ C ]uk /ˈɡəʊlˌkiː.pər/ us /ˈɡoʊlˌkiː.pɚ/ informal goalie, , US also goaltender
- For a goalkeeper, it's a great advantage to have big hands.
- The crowd cheered as the goalkeeper deflected the shot.
- The goalkeeper denied him his third goal.
- They're a fairly good team - their only weak link is a relatively inexperienced goalkeeper.
- The goalkeeper made a great save in the last minute of the match.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
- From the original 20-player group, only the goalkeeper had made it.