governmentnounuk /ˈɡʌv.ən.mənt/ /ˈɡʌv.əm.mənt/ us /ˈɡʌv.ɚn.mənt/
government noun (GROUP)
- The government is spending millions of dollars in its attempt to combat drug abuse.
- Unlike the present government, we believe in serving the community.
- The opposition party have been in such disorder for so long that they pose no real threat to the present government.
- The people rebelled against the harsh new government.
- The government has said that it will not be intimidated by terrorist threats.
government noun (SYSTEM)