himself pronoun (MALE)
(all) by himself
not be/seem/feel himself
- How can he afford to buy himself a brand new car?
- He wrapped a robe around himself before answering the door.
- He saw himself reflected in the shop window.
- He put his hands on the side of the pool and pulled himself out of the water.
- Simon's looking very pleased with himself today.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
himself pronoun (FEMALE/MALE)
Pronouns: reflexive (myself, themselves, etc.)Reflexive pronouns end in -self or -selves. They refer back to the subject forms of personal pronouns (underlined in the example below): …
Reflexive pronouns for same subject and objectWe often use reflexive pronouns when the subject and the object of the verb refer to the same person or thing: …
Reflexive pronouns + by meaning aloneWe often use reflexive pronouns with by to mean ‘alone’ or ‘without any help’: …