homelessadjectiveuk /ˈhəʊm.ləs/ us /ˈhoʊm-/
- She was homeless and had to put her child up for adoption.
- The family were left homeless.
- Providing homeless people with somewhere to stay when the weather is cold only skates round the problem, it doesn't solve it.
- The paper showed a picture of homeless people sleeping on the streets with the caption underneath 'the unacceptable face of capitalism'.
- It might sound callous, but I don't care if he's homeless. He's not living with me!
homelessnoun [plural]uk /ˈhəʊm.ləs/ us /ˈhoʊm-/