honey noun (SWEET SUBSTANCE)
UK set honey/runny honey
- The sharpness of the lemons contrasts with the sweetness of the honey.
- Sweeten to taste with honey or brown sugar.
- The bee turns nectar into honey.
- Pour the honey into the bowl and mix it thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- The apple mixture can be sweetened with honey.
honey noun (PERSON)
Hi, honey, I'm home!
- Don't fuss me, honey, I've got a whole pile of work to do.
- "Dad." "Yes, what do you want, honey?"
- "You look a million dollars in that dress, honey!"
- You're just an old-fashioned gal, aren't you, honey!
- "Gee, honey, is that all your own hair?"