hourlyadjectiveuk /ˈaʊə.li/ us /ˈaʊr-/
- There's an hourly news bulletin on this radio channel.
- You will be responsible for carrying out hourly inspections of the customer toilets.
- The nurse checks on him at hourly intervals.
- They pay an hourly rate of £12.50.
- You ought to take hourly breaks from the keyboard, just for five or 10 ten minutes, to rest your eyes.
hourlyadverbuk /ˈaʊə.li/ us /ˈaʊr-/
- Please check on the patient hourly, and report any change in her condition.
- We inspect the customer toilet facilities hourly.
- It's a good idea to take a short break hourly, to avoid eye strain.
- I had a terrible night - I woke up hourly because of the pain in my shoulder.
- The lifeguard on duty at the swimming pool changes over hourly.