A2 in what way, or by what methods:
How do we get to the town from here?
How can/could he be so stupid?
B1 used for emphasis:
how strange, stupid, weird, etc. is that? C2 informal
how are you?
how are things? also how's everything?, also how's it going? informal
› used as greetings
how do you mean?
and how! informal
- Your house is always so neat - how do you manage it with three children?
- She used to lie awake at night worrying about how to pay the bills.
- "Well, " he began, "I don't quite know how to tell you this."
- Notes on how to use this dictionary can be found at the beginning of the book.
- We do not know exactly how life first began.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
- how about...? idiom
- how, what, why, etc. on earth... idiom
- in God's/heaven's name idiom
- what the blazes...? idiom
- what's that (all) about (then)? idiom
- what's the score? idiom
- what/where/how/why the devil idiom
- would you like...? idiom
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
ExclamationsWe use exclamations to express surprise or shock or a strong emotion about something. The type of phrase or clause associated with exclamations is called exclamative. …
Exclamatives with interrogative formWe sometimes make an exclamation using interrogative (question) word order: …