instancenoun [ C ]uk /ˈɪn.stəns/ us /ˈɪn.stəns/
- There have already been several instances of deadly violence in the past few weeks involving returning refugees.
- He noted that there have been instances in earthquakes when survivors were found after days of looking.
- Over a third of women who replied to the questionnaire cited instances of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- These companies don't have the people resources; in certain instances, they don't have the expertise.
- Over 20 instances of sexual misconduct are currently being investigated.
instanceverb [ T ]uk /ˈɪn.stəns/ us /ˈɪn.stəns/ UK formal
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas