investigationnoun [ C or U ]uk /ɪnˌves.tɪˈɡeɪ.ʃən/ us /ɪnˌves.təˈɡeɪ.ʃən/
- The bank conducted its own internal investigation into the robbery.
- A lengthy police investigation failed to produce any evidence on which the suspect could be convicted.
- There will be a full investigation to work out what caused the accident.
- Both companies are under investigation for corrupt practices.
- They decided to reopen the investigation when some new evidence emerged.
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas