journeynoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʒɜː.ni/ us /ˈdʒɝː.ni/
We broke our journey (= stopped for a short time) in Jacksonville before travelling on to Miami the next day.
Have a safe journey!
mainly UK Did you have a good journey?
mainly UK It's a two-hour train journey from York to London.
- She gave the children some sweets to chew on during the long car journey.
- The journey was quite quick because the road was clear .
- I expect you'd like to rest after your long journey.
- We did the journey to Wales in five hours.
- The train journey took us through a valley past rolling hills.
journeyverb [ I usually + adv/prep ]uk /ˈdʒɜː.ni/ us /ˈdʒɝː.ni/ literary
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas