kangaroonoun [ C ]uk /ˌkæŋ.ɡərˈuː/ us /ˌkæŋ.ɡəˈruː/ plural kangaroos or kangaroo
Examples from literature
- Australians call a baby kangaroo a joey.
- Baby kangaroos live in their mother’s pouch.
- It has a pouch for its babies, like the kangaroo.
- Kangaroos can be gray or red.
- Kangaroos hop on two legs, while grasshoppers hop on six.
- The Australian animal that everybody knows is the kangaroo.
- The kangaroo can hop very far and very fast.
- The kangaroo is born after only 35 days inside its mother.
- The kangaroo is the national animal of Australia.
- The kangaroo is the only large animal that jumps – goes up and down – from one place to another.