leadernoun [C]uk /ˈliː.dər/ us /ˈliː.dɚ/
leader noun [C] (CONTROLLING)
- He was a good strong leader, she said, who deserved his party's unreserved support.
- The leader of the religious sect and 30 of his followers killed themselves in a suicide pact last year.
- We asked him to stay on as youth leader for another year.
- The steelworkers' leader rejected the 2% pay-rise saying it was an insult to the profession.
- As project leader, you will have to allocate jobs to people.
leader noun [C] (WINNING)
leader noun [C] (MUSIC)