light bulbnoun [ C ]uk /ˈlaɪt ˌbʌlb/ us /ˈlaɪt ˌbʌlb/ also bulb
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas
Examples from literature
- Before the invention of the light bulb, you had to watch plays during the day when it was light outside.
- Before the light bulb, people did not do much at night because it was dark.
- Changing the light bulbs in your room can help you sleep.
- Finally, in 1879, Thomas Edison invented a safe and easy way to use the electric light bulb.
- If you look at a picture of our planet from space at night, you can see how the light bulb changed life on Earth.
- Laser light does not spread out like natural light or light from a light bulb.
- People used candles for light at night until the light bulb was invented.
- Try changing the light bulbs in your bedroom.