long-distanceadjective [ before noun ], adverbuk /ˌlɒŋˈdɪs.təns/ us /ˌlɑːŋˈdɪs.təns/
a long-distance runner
- Although long-distance phone calls are going up, the charge for local calls will not alter.
- The pick-up point for the long-distance coaches is now in the new bus station.
- Like most long-distance runners she is very slight.
- He snitched to my boss that I'd been making long-distance calls at work!
- As a long-distance runner, she's in a class of her own.
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas