madadjectiveuk /mæd/ us /mæd/ madder or maddest
mad adjective (MENTALLY ILL)
- He went mad towards the end of his life.
- He started attacking his brother like a mad thing.
- In those days, people with this condition were considered mad and kept locked away in mental institutions.
- She used to hear voices in her head and everyone said she was mad.
- Don't be silly - you're not mad, you're just over-stressed and need a break.
mad adjective (SILLY)
mad adjective (ANGRY)
mad adjective (HURRYING)
mad adjective (ENTHUSIASTIC)