majoritynounuk /məˈdʒɒr.ə.ti/ us /məˈdʒɑː.rə.t̬i/
majority noun (NUMBER)
- The majority of young professionals in the capital have moved there from provincial towns.
- In the past, the majority of women were consigned to a lifetime of servitude and poverty.
- The majority of people in the town strongly support the plans to build a by-pass.
- A couple of people objected to the proposal, but the vast majority approved of it.
- A large majority of the population is demanding the restoration of the former government.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
majority noun (AGE)