mannounuk /mæn/ us /mæn/ (plural men uk /men/ us )
man noun (MALE)
- Her eyes were immediately drawn to the tall blond man standing at the bar.
- My father never spoke a lot, but when he did speak it was worth listening to.
- Do you recognize that man in the grey suit?
- Jon has developed from an awkward teenager into a sophisticated young man.
- I believe women should be paid the same as men.
man noun (PEOPLE)
man noun (OBJECT)
manverb [T]uk /mæn/ us /mæn/ (-nn-)
manexclamationuk /mæn/ us /mæn/ informal