membernoun [ C ]uk /ˈmem.bər/ us /ˈmem.bɚ/
member noun [ C ] (PERSON)
a family member
a new club member
Michael is a member of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.
- He was the first member of his regiment to die while on active service.
- I've just become a member of the company's sports and social club.
- The members of the jury left the court with a police escort.
- The committee is composed of MPs, doctors, academics and members of the public.
- The coach insists that all team members must attend early-morning practice.