mightmodal verbuk /maɪt/ us /maɪt/
might modal verb (MAY)
- "I thought you might have helped, " she replied peevishly.
- He wrote to me last week regarding a business proposition he thought might interest me.
- Jan hasn't got a ticket but I thought we might sneak her in.
- I suggested that a cup of tea might settle her stomach.
- I've brought with me an article from yesterday's paper that I thought might amuse you.
might modal verb (POSSIBILITY)
- He hesitated before ringing her, fearful of what she might say.
- I waited in all evening in the fond hope that he might call.
- I might go along to the party later.
- You should hang onto that painting - it might be valuable one day.
- Keep a lookout for small objects that a baby might swallow.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
might modal verb (PERMISSION)
might modal verb (SUGGESTION)
might modal verb (SHOULD)
might modal verb (INTRODUCE)
mightnoun [U]uk /maɪt/ us /maɪt/