minepronounuk /maɪn/ us /maɪn/
minenoun [C]uk /maɪn/ us /maɪn/
mine noun [C] (HOLE)
- The minister maintained that the mines were uneconomic and would have to be closed.
- The nuclear waste is encased in concrete before being sent for storage in disused mines.
- He had worked in the diamond mines of South Africa.
- All the mines in this area were closed down in the 80's.
- The government was severely criticized for its decision to close the mines.
mine noun [C] (BOMB)
mineverbuk /maɪn/ us /maɪn/
mine verb (DIG)
mine verb (BOMB)