moderate adjective (MEDIUM-SIZED)
He's a moderate drinker.
Imposing sanctions is a moderate action when you consider that the alternative is military intervention.
- A moderate intake of caffeine should not harm you.
- Cook the sauce over a moderate heat.
- They are looking for moderate economic growth.
- The hotel was a moderate price.
- Temperatures remained moderate throughout the day.
moderate adjective (OPINIONS)
moderatenoun [ C ]uk /ˈmɒd.ər.ət/ us /ˈmɑː.dɚ.ət/
He is well-known as a moderate in the party.
- The prime minister is looking towards the moderates for support.
- She has always been known as a moderate.
- He is a moderate when it comes to foreign policy.
moderateverb [ I or T ]uk /ˈmɒd.ər.eɪt/ us /ˈmɑː.də.reɪt/
Thesaurus: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas