motornoun [C]uk /ˈməʊ.tər/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ/
motor noun [C] (DEVICE)
- I took the motor apart to see how it worked.
- Dust particles must have got into the motor, which is why it isn't working properly.
- The starter motor was playing up again.
- It looks like the starter motor on the car has burned out.
- This new car is seen as the great white hope of the British motor industry.
motor noun [C] (CAR)
motoradjective [before noun]uk /ˈməʊ.tər/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ/
motor adjective [before noun] (CAR)
motor adjective [before noun] (MUSCLES)
motorverb [I]uk /ˈməʊ.tər/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ/