offensiveadjectiveuk /əˈfen.sɪv/ us /əˈfen.sɪv/
offensive adjective (UPSETTING)
- We've received a complaint from one of our listeners about offensive language.
- He found her comments deeply offensive.
- Norman agreed that the wording of the advertisement was unnecessarily offensive and it was changed.
- The word 'lady' has connotations of refinement and excessive femininity that some women find offensive.
- There were those who found the joke offensive, but Johnson insisted it was just a bit of harmless fun.
También encontrarás palabras, frases y sinónimos relacionados con los temas:
offensive adjective (ATTACKING)