optverb [ I ]uk /ɒpt/ us /ɑːpt/
Mike opted for early retirement.
- Many students opt for business studies simply because it sounds like a passport to a good job.
- During the recession, the government opted for a policy of pay/wage restraint rather than a reduction in public investment.
- Instead of paying in one lump sum, he opted to pay in monthly instalments.
- Many commuters are opting to cycle to work.
- Both boys opted for the Navy when they left school.
Sinónimos: sinónimos y palabras relacionadas