Every year he takes a month off work to go hiking in the great outdoors (= in the countryside, far away from towns).
- If your cactus has been outdoors during the summer, move it into the garage or house when overnight temperatures drop below 65°F.
- The party is going to be outdoors, but we have permission to use the community hall if it rains.
- We hung the washing up outdoors in the fresh air.
- I don't like you hanging around outdoors with your friends - why don't you invite them in?
- He's very tanned because he works outdoors in all weathers.